If you would like to submit a blog post for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
[4 min watch] Top tips for preventing & managing post-surgery infections
What steps can you take to prevent and manage infections after surgery? In this short video, Associate Professor Tony Dicker provides his expert advice on managing infections in the primary care setting.
For further information on this topic, you may be interested to learn more about the HealthCert Professional Diploma program in Skin Cancer Surgery.
Watch the short video now:
“The reality is, no one has a 0% infection rate,” says A/Prof Dicker. In the video, he provides his top tips for managing infections, including:
- Warning the patient that infection is a possible outcome.
- How best to manage wound infections with oral antibiotics, especially for immunosuppressed patients such as those with diabetes, etc.
- How to shave the treatment area in a way that avoids infection in the micro-cuts.
- Keeping the treatment area clean during and after the procedure.
- Appropriate use of antiseptics.
Watch all this and much more in the full video above!
Watch more from A/Prof Tony Dicker: Top 3 tips for skin cancer surgery on the face