If you would like to submit a blog post for consideration, please email email@example.com
Medicinal Cannabis FAQs: Conditions medicinal cannabis can treat
[10 min watch] With the launch of our new online Professional Diploma of Medicinal Cannabis program – the first university-reviewed program in medicinal cannabis for doctors in Australia – Dr Joe Kosterich recently held an insightful webinar on the uses and benefits of medicinal cannabis in primary care.
To address the significant number of questions that arose from this webinar, we have compiled a four-part FAQ video series with Dr Kosterich. In the second video in the series, Dr Kosterich answers your most common questions about conditions medicinal cannabis can treat in primary care (and so much more!).
Watch the full video with Dr Joe Kosterich over on the HealthCert Community at this post. HealthCert alumni are invited to join the HealthCert Community anytime for free.
Just a few of the many questions covered during the FAQ session include:
- How can patients access cannabinoids in Australia for treating chronic pain?
- Can medicinal cannabis be used to treat torsion dystopia?
- Cannabis for anxiety disorders?
- Is CBD safe in pregnancy?
- How does medicinal cannabis affect the cognitive and work function of a i) worker, ii) mine site worker, iii) safety critical worker?
- Is it safe to use for elderly patients 80+ years?
- Can cannabis modify the behaviours of a patient with dementia?
- What are the uses of medical cannabis on the skin?
- What is the evidence for CBD use in children with anxiety / ASD?
- Would you be able to cast light on how medicinal cannabis is going in treatment of Tourettes?
- I have a patient with autoimmune hepatitis and intractable pain from spinal fracture; could I use it with her?
- Does it have a role in restless leg syndrome and Parkinson’s?
Learn more about medicinal cannabis in primary care with HealthCert’s NEW online Professional Diploma of Medicinal Cannabis program.
Dr Joe Kosterich is a doctor, speaker, author, media presenter and health industry consultant. Wanting you to be healthy and get the most out of life, Dr Kosterich writes for numerous medical and mainstream publications and is a regular on radio and television. He is often called to give opinions in medico legal cases, is clinical editor of Medical Forum Magazine, adjunct professor (teaching) at UWA and a lecturer at Curtin Medical School. Medical Advisor to Medicinal Cannabis company Little Green Pharma and Chairman of Australian Tobacco Harm Reduction Association, Dr Kosterich has self-published two books: Dr Joe’s DIY Health and 60 Minutes To Better Health, and maintains a website and blog with health information and commentary. Previously he held senior positions in the Australian Medical Association and sat on numerous industry and government boards. He has extensive corporate experience in the setting up and management of medical centres and in helping businesses maintain a healthy workforce. Through all this he continues to see patients as a GP each week.