If you would like to submit a blog post for consideration, please email email@example.com
[PODCAST] COVID-19 Management Advice with Paul Elmslie & Kelly Chard (Week 8)
In this podcast, accountant specialist Kelly Chard and Paul Elmslie (Founder and CEO of National Skin Cancer Centres and HealthCert Education) provide expert advice for doctors on tax planning, reviewing your trading structure, and starting the new financial year with the right tools.
Some of the topics covered in this podcast include:
- Why there’s never been a better time for planning
- Easy end of financial year tax planning checklist
- Structure checkpoint pre 30 June
- Setting up your financial systems for optimal efficiency from 1 July
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold, we are here to support medical professionals facing these challenging circumstances. Each week, we will hold two webinars/podcasts + Q&A with expert guidance to assist you in navigating this rapidly evolving international public health situation from a clinical and business point of view.
You can also view the full webinar recording here:
Some of the questions addressed during the podcast include:
- Is it better to stay as a sole trader or make a company setup?
- What are the stimuli/compensations/reliefs for business losses by medical centre owners?
- Am I eligible for JobKeeper as an independent contractor trading under a company?
- Can we get $10,000 from our super? Or just part of it?
- Should I change from sole trader to a company? What are the pros and cons?
- How do we account for seasonal changes in income levels?
- Tax is 47% of the income? I thought it’s less than 40%.