If you would like to submit a blog post for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
[WEBINAR] COVID-19 Clinical Update with Professor David Wilkinson (Week 8)
In this webinar, Professor David Wilkinson provides an informed clinical update and advice for doctors in our ongoing series on COVID-19.
Prof Wilkinson is the Deputy Vice-Chancellor at Macquarie University, as well as a general practitioner, public health medicine specialist and epidemiologist. He gathers details every day from resources available to few, so that he can put together a presentation that is unique from any other COVID-19 information out there.
Some of the topics covered in this webinar include:
- A comprehensive update on the epidemic in Australia
- COVIDSafe app security considerations
- Important resources such as COVID-19 Research Explorer and Safe Work Australia
- The path out of isolation
- The challenges associated with moving from the health crisis to economic recovery
- How can we prevent another health crisis?
We are here to support medical professionals facing these challenging circumstances. Each week, we will hold two webinars + Q&A with expert guidance to assist you in navigating this evolving international public health situation from a clinical and business point of view.
Watch the full webinar recording now:
Join us live for next week’s COVID-19 webinar or receive the recording by registering here.
Questions addressed by Professor Wilkinson during the webinar:
- If we are contacted via the app, does it mean we must self isolate? Supposing the contact was with a patient and we were wearing PPE?
- COVIDSafe (Australian digital tracing) appears to be a valid tool and an important part of the strategy, so its take-up in a select subpopulation such as all registrants and participants of an education course event could be the caveat in allowing the congregate to take place, then?
- How is an asymptomatic case traced with the app?
- If Singapore had a blind spot such as the migrant worker population, where would Australia have its blind spot?
- How can we be sure that the government will use this app for tracking COVID-19 purposes only?