If you would like to submit a blog post for consideration, please email email@example.com
[PODCAST] COVID-19 Management Advice with Paul Elmslie & Sharon Sykes (Week 6)
In this podcast, Dr Sharon Sykes (a GP with a special interest in Women’s Health) and Paul Elmslie (Founder and CEO of National Skin Cancer Centres and HealthCert Education) provide a guide for GPs in screening and supporting victims of domestic violence.
Some of the topics covered in this podcast include:
- The statistics of domestic violence during times of COVID-19
- Why has their been an increase in domestic violence?
- As a GP, how can you help?
- What is your role?
- Early identification
- Responding to disclosures
- Follow up and support
- Why don’t victims just leave?
- What support services are available?
- How to provide continuing care
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold, we are here to support medical professionals facing these challenging circumstances. Each week, we will hold two webinars/podcasts + Q&A with expert guidance to assist you in navigating this rapidly evolving international public health situation from a clinical and business point of view.
You can also view the full webinar recording here:
Join us live for the next COVID-19 webinar with Paul Elmslie or receive the recording by registering here.