If you would like to submit a blog post for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
[10 min watch] Telehealth item numbers explained
In this 10-minute video, Matt Woollard (Chief Operations Officer, National Skin Cancer Centres) explains the new telehealth Medicare Benefits Scheme item numbers.
The introduction of these item numbers has been fast-tracked due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and we are now seeing a significant increase in the number of virtual consultations that would have traditionally been performed face-to-face.
Some of the topics covered in the video include:
- What is telehealth?
- What technologies can you use?
- What are the MBS requirements for telehealth?
- What are the item numbers?
- Who can access the item numbers?
- Bulk billing and private billing
- Who is at risk of COVID-19?
- What defines a short or standard consultation?
Watch the full video here:
Download your free Telehealth eBook for practical advice and tips on how to conduct telehealth consultations effectively!