If you would like to submit a blog post for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
[WEBINAR] COVID-19 Clinical Update with Professor David Wilkinson (Week 5)
As the COVID-19 situation continues to unfold, Professor David Wilkinson – Deputy Vice-Chancellor at Macquarie University, general practitioner, public health medicine specialist and epidemiologist – returns for the fifth webinar in our ongoing series to provide an informed clinical update and advice for GPs.
Some of the topics covered in this webinar include:
- Current state of the pandemic
- How long will our restrictions continue?
- Has the cost been worth it?
- Addressing the uncertainty / new normal for healthcare
- Asymptomatic infection
We are here to support medical professionals facing these challenging circumstances. Each week, we will hold two webinars + Q&A with expert guidance to assist you in navigating this evolving international public health situation from a clinical and business point of view.
Watch the full webinar recording now:
Join us live for next week’s COVID-19 webinar or receive the recording by registering here.
Questions addressed by Professor Wilkinson during the webinar:
- As a parent, how can I feel okay about sending my child to school, when around the world, we hear of children dying from this virus?
- As skin cancer doctors, with our reliance on dermoscopy, how do you see telehealth playing a role for us?
- If there is asymptomatic transmission, do you think this is happening in Australia?
- From what those asymptomatic figures show, does it follow that we can then group skin cancer clinic appointments by age and make a new model as such to appointment-distance our patients? It would be nice to be able to have age ranges to guide the initiative.
- After exposure, is there a way to prevent infection? E.g inhaling hot steam from steamers with medication drops, iodine or other meds such as Gilead antiviral.
- If someone has come into contact, is there a role for chloroquine? Ivermectine? Azithromycin?
- What PPE do we need to wear in general practice on a daily basis, particularly if we are not testing patients for COVID-19? There are some mixed messages out there.
- Is hot and cold alternate sensation of body one of the symptoms in COVID disease?
2 comments on “[WEBINAR] COVID-19 Clinical Update with Professor David Wilkinson (Week 5)”
That was very informative.Thank you