If you would like to submit a blog post for consideration, please email email@example.com
[PODCAST] COVID-19 Clinical Update with Professor David Wilkinson (Week 2)
As the COVID-19 pandemic unfolds, Professor David Wilkinson – Deputy Vice-Chancellor at Macquarie University, general practitioner, public health medicine specialist and epidemiologist – returns for the second podcast in our ongoing series to provide an informed clinical update and advice on the current situation.
We are here to support medical professionals facing challenging circumstances on the frontline. Each week, we will hold two webinars/podcasts + Q&A with expert guidance to assist you in navigating this rapidly evolving international public health situation from a clinical and business point of view.
You can also watch the full webinar recording here:
Join us live for next week’s COVID-19 webinar or receive the recording (as webinar or podcast) by registering here.
Questions addressed by Professor Wilkinson during the podcast:
- Can Azithromycin combined with hydroxychloroquine treat it or not?
- How many tests are needed to confirm fully recovery?
- Canada would seem to be the most comparable to Australia, with the exception of not sharing a border with the US. Can we glean anything from their situation?
- In workplaces, people with travel history within 14 days are told not to come into the building for appointments. Should the contacts of people who have travelled be also told not attend?
- Are skin excisions essential?
- Where are the clinical trials at?
- Is possible to recover the disease once infected, therefore is it recurrent or not?
- How infectious are asymptomatic patients?
- What type of chemical cleaning solution should we used for cleaning?
- What is the sensitivity and specificity of the COVID-19 testing? How confident can we be that a negative is a true negative?