If you would like to submit a blog post for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
[WEBINAR] COVID-19 Clinical Update with Professor David Wilkinson (Week 1)
In this webinar, Professor David Wilkinson – Deputy Vice-Chancellor at Macquarie University, general practitioner, public health medicine specialist and epidemiologist – provides a clinical update and advice on the current COVID-19 situation.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold, we are here to support medical professionals facing challenging circumstances on the frontline. Each week, we will hold two webinars + Q&A with expert guidance to assist you in navigating this rapidly evolving international public health situation from a clinical and business point of view.
Watch the full webinar recording now:
Or listen to the full podcast:
Join us live for next week’s COVID-19 webinar or receive the recording by registering here.
Questions addressed by Professor Wilkinson during the webinar:
- Are people engaged in sexual relationships (especially casual relationships) particularly at risk?
- Should we continue with our skin cancer practices? Is skin cancer management considered an essential service?
- Does wearing a mask in clinic help to protect medical staff from infection?
- I am a 70-year-old doctor in good health. Should I continue seeing patients?
- What do we do when we run out of gowns in our practice?
- Do you have any recommendations for when we should do blood pressure or physical examinations?
- Do we need to wear gloves and masks?
- When do you foresee a vaccine becoming available?
- How can we practice social distancing while conducting a full skin cancer check?
- How are we going to achieve social distancing in a consulting room?
- What are the clinical features?
- Are we as GPs expected to make ourselves available to respective state health departments to work in the COVID-19 space instead of continuing in our private practices?
- How long do we advise patients to isolate / stay off work with upper respiratory tract infections symptoms in view of COVID-19?
5 comments on “[WEBINAR] COVID-19 Clinical Update with Professor David Wilkinson (Week 1)”
That was a great webinar. There is so much uncertainty and mixed messages out there I was unsure I was even doing the right thing by continuing my skin cancer work. Such clear and sensible information thank you!
great work very much appreciated
a number of our staff have young children in Creches – any comments
A very fruitful webinar in terms of knowledge and future care of ourselves and the patients.
should we a) check each staff member temp daily?
b) check each patients temp as they enter clinic ?